Monday, October 20, 2008

Visit from Lisa

One of my very best friends, Lisa, has recently taken a new job and had some time in between. Since we live on opposite coasts we don't get to see each other as often as we like, so she took advantage of the free time and came to visit for a week!

I took the day off Friday and we planted some sweet peas in the backyard, relaxed for a while, went shopping, stopped at LACMA for a jazz show, and then had dinner at home with Aaron.

Saturday we met up with my in-laws for brunch, walked the Venice Canals, shopped Abbott Kinney, had dinner with our friend Darren, and bon-fired in our backyard.

Sunday we ventured down to Orange County and hung out with my friends Kelley & Rosemary and then to Lisa's family friend's Tim & Janie.

The rest of Lisa's visit included a little bit more downtime for her since Aaron and I both worked. I worked from home a little and also took Lisa downtown to see my office. She ventured by bus to see more of Santa Monica during the day and we all just hung out at night.

It was *such* a pleasure to have her here for the week! Check out more of the beautiful photos Lisa took while she was here.

2 comments:

Baby Talks said...

Your friend's photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed them. Looks like she had a great visit. I'd like to visit more local sights, like the canals, which i've never been to. I hope to check it out sometime. :)

ALANNA ON THE MOVE said...

Lovely photos. Love the b&w. :)