Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I NEED a vacation!

This week was off to a rough start. I got an email on Sunday (this will teach me to check my work emails on weekends) from one of the partners I work closely with in Phoenix saying that I was needed in Phoenix on Monday. Urgh. I of course, forwarded it to my two boss figures and asked for their advice. They kicked it around a little only to come back with a "you better go." Not what I was wanting to hear, but it was what I was expecting.

I didn't read between the lines and thought (naively) that I would be done by Monday evening. Um, no. I caught the last flight of the day home, only to turn around on the very first flight of the day on Tuesday. This meant getting only about 4 hours of sleep. Worked until about 1:30 in the morning, checked into the hotel across the plaza from our office, and then got up in time to get the first flight of the day back home to LA. I again hadn't brought an overnight bag and I wanted clean clothes and a hug from Aaron.

Frantically put the finishing touches on the project we were working on and then at 10:00 am sent it to Miami to be printed and couriered to the hotel where the partner had flown to that same day. I took about an hour nap and then worked all day to get things sorted out with my 'day job' that I had been neglecting for the past two days.

Luckily, we are leaving for vacation on Friday! TWO weeks in Europe! I definitely earned it and will relish every moment.

Stay tuned... I'm hoping to post a couple of entries while we're away so you can see what we get up to in London, Berlin, and Riga (Latvia).

No comments: