Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas 2007

This year for Christmas Aaron and I split our time between Portland, Oregon and Los Angeles. We flew up to Portland Thursday evening on a super small plane (I don't think we'll be booking Delta again anytime soon!) and Aaron said that the whole ride was pretty bumpy - though I wouldn't know it since I was asleep just a few minutes into the flight. I am so thankful for that talent!

After an afternoon of hauling dry-wall into my brother's basement, Aaron and I babysat our nephew Carson Friday night. Overnight! Saturday we headed back to my mom's for some chili and cookie decorating. This year we were a little competitive with who could decorate the best one. Sunday morning, Nate's fiance Amanda picked up my mom and me so us girls could head to Amanda's grandmother's home for a bridal brunch while the boys started hanging the dry-wall. Monday was pretty quiet, so Aaron and I braved the crowds for a some shopping. We were pretty surprised to see the stores as empty as they were - everyone else must have been waiting for the after Christmas sales.

And now finally, it was Christmas Eve! We went to church and were all pretty surprised that the 5:00 family service was finished by 5:30. I'm pretty sure we spent more time driving there and home, than actually in the church. My mom prepared a fantastic Christmas Eve dinner and then we exchanged gifts and watched little Carson play with his toys. Aaron and I flew back to LA on Christmas day in time to have dinner with his family. Aunt Linda hosted the group for an evening of food, family, and presents.

Extending the holiday for another few days... my dad, Julie, and Jenn came over to exchange gifts before going to visit my Grandma for a Christmas lunch.

All said and done, this was another good Christmas - we got to celebrate with so many people!

Some photos:

Julie and Carson watching Aaron count to 5 (borrowed from Amy's blog).

How handsome is this Jewish man standing next to the Christmas tree?!

Me and Grandma Fritzi

More photos from Christmas at Aunt Linda's are here.
My dad, Julie, and Jenn's visit.

More photos of celebrating with my dad, Julie and Jenn are here.

1 comment:

Baby Talks said...

Happy new year!! Thanks for visiting my blog! And thanks for inspiring me to create it. I enjoy visiting your blog too. :) Hope you guys are having a great holiday season. -Debbie