Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Aloha!

To extend my 30th birthday celebrations, we went to Hawaii for a long weekend. We arrived Friday afternoon and stayed through Tuesday. Our home base this time was Kihei, Maui which is an awesome place. Just the right mix of local and tourist.

Our good friend Darren was able to join us (an urgent issue kept Funzel and Brian at home). We spent a lot of our time just relaxing, sleeping in, A road trip up to the top of the Haleakela Crater brought my lunch back up - first time for the entire pregnancy. I place 50/50 blame on the windy road/babies. Aaron and Darren blame the Volcano Fries I ate just before hitting the road. We also took a helicopter ride and a snorkel trip out to Molokini. It was a great get-away!! Enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Awesome! It looked so freakin awesome! I'm sure if I would have gone there would have been so many more silly pictures but all of yours look awesome! Making me look forward to when we go within 8-12 months of our original departure date. :)

Karen & Jonathan Fu said...

Wow! You guys have been to more islands that I have and I'm from Hawaii!!! tee hee!