Friday, July 10, 2009

Concert on the Peir

Yes, spellcheck, I know that pier follows the 'i before e' rule (which I hear is no longer being taught as an official rule in the UK), but Aaron and I joined a friend and her daughter on the Santa Monica pier last night for an open air concert and Aaron spotted that the stage signage had it spelled incorrectly. I cringed for whoever was responsible for that - I'm sure they've noticed it by now and feel like idiots. Rule #1 of marketing/advertising: SPELL CHECK!

That aside, we had a really nice time. Having been born in the wrong decade we were not exactly the target audience. Aaron only recognized one song (it had been covered by someone else recently - maybe Nirvana?) and I didn't recognize a single one. But we enjoyed the atmosphere, the tunes, and watching the older woman to our right rocking out and singing along with all of the songs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Aaron,
it took me quite a long time to find you in the WWW. But finally i came through.
You might remember the guy, who was happy to stay at yours about 15 years ago with his group of german exchange students. I found the pictures of this best time ever and thought, it was worth a try to contact you. I hope you can read this and answer to me. konrad-frank@web.de
I´m looking forward to an answer.
Konrad Frank, Vilsbiburg, Bavaria Germany

Willis said...

I've heard these concerts are really good. Unfortunately, I think the ones in MB might be more kid friendly to roam around. Oh well. You guys are busy!

lisa reitmeier said...

this post reminded me of a certain, really-unfortunate-and- awkward-but-hilarious spelling error miss julie made in a company wide email a few years back :)

ALANNA ON THE MOVE said...

More updates! More updates! :)