Sunday, June 28, 2009

Backyard movie night

With all of the changes we've been making to our backyard over the past couple of years we have been excited with the possibilities of hosting all sorts of get-togethers and parties. We've had a number of people over for various outdoor meals, but last night was something special. We were able to create something of an outdoor theater and host a few friends for drinks and a movie. We borrowed some key items (the projector and enormous popcorn bowls) from the 'Denny and Nan Rental Service' - it worked out perfectly!

We made a Blockbuster run earlier in the day and chose three movies for people to vote on. Vicki Cristina Barcelona won by a landslide which made it easy. We also finally got to try out a contraption to make popcorn over the fire - our estate sale find from a few months ago - and everyone brought other sweets and snacks to munch on. Beer and wine were of course plentiful. We had an awesome time so we'll definitely do this again before the end of the summer!

3 comments:

lisa reitmeier said...

I love that movie. During it, I lusted for both scarlett and penelope. Reading this post made me lust after a backyard. So frustrating :)

Miro said...

Nicely stitched panorama shot!

Anonymous said...

I was just telling Brian that I am now inspired to buy a house just for a backyard! Movie party? A green thumb (I bow to THE kajulie Martha Stewart schneider). Of course I think I would plant honey dew and eat it for dinner one night.