Monday, February 2, 2009

Busy, busy weekend

This past weekend was super busy for Aaron and I. Friday night we had a family dinner to celebrate Grandpa Shel's birthday, Aaron's parent's anniversary, and Aaron's upcoming birthday. It was a last minute idea, so we tried to squeeze it in before a show at Molly Malone's that I had been wanting to go to. Turns out that dinner ran late so we missed the band that we wanted to see (Andrew Jed) but caught a little of this other band that turned out to be pretty good (Freeman) and had some time to chat with my friends that we were meeting up with.

Saturday morning we made waffles before planting the chocolate comsos that we had found at Costco the week prior. It's one of the flowers that we had in our wedding, so I'm really hoping they do well in our yard. We cleaned up in time to make it to Akemi Fu's first birthday party (I love this photo we captured when the bubble machine was turned on!) and then rushed home to make a turnaround to get to our friend Minh's More Cowbell show downtown.

We didn't stay super late downtown though since early Sunday morning I had another rowing race in Long Beach. This time we took out an 8 and there were 2 other boats in our category. We totally smoked them - which was a lot of fun! We were lame and didn't remember to charge our camera, which means no photos. Hopefully I'll have some from Gwen's boyfriend to share soon.

Since our team doesn't have many opportunities to row together, we had practice after the race back in Marina Del Rey. I was officially exhausted but when I got home I managed to do some laundry and clean up the kitchen before sleeping through the first half of the Super Bowl.

No comments: