Monday, January 19, 2009

English Country Dancing in Pasadena

For the second time in the past few months, Aaron and I went with a few friends to an English Country Dancing event (aka: Jane Austin Ball). I recognize that this might make me a complete and total nerd, but I really enjoyed it!

I considered for a short time that maybe it's the anglophile in me, but then this really doesn't relate at all to the experience I had in London. My love of England is for the modern England. The nightlife, the tube, the pubs, the parks, the people, the high streets, the fact that no matter how many times you walk down the same streets there is still something surprising, the fact that people walk... I could go on.


Really I think the reason I had such a good time speaks more to the same interest I have in marching bands. There is something poetic about so many bodies (and minds) organized, working together, and moving in the same space. Yes, every so often we would bump into the set near us, but all in all it works and makes for a very enjoyable evening.

No comments: