Wednesday, September 17, 2008

2 Years

Yesterday Aaron and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary - keeping it relatively low key. We exchanged gifts and ate a candle-lit picnic on our 'grass' in our backyard. Aaron planned it all out and kept it a surprise. With the hints he gave me (I always ask for a million hints when he has a surprise up his sleeves) I thought we were going for a picnic in the mountains where he proposed. So, I was half right with the picnic part. :)

I received flowers at work, too. Here's how our conversation went once I received them (paraphrasing, not word for word):

Julie: "Aaron, thank you so much for the flowers! They are beautiful."
Aaron: "Uhhhh, did a card come with those flowers?"
Julie: "Oh, yeah, I guess so... I didn't even look. Why?"
Aaron: "Because I didn't send you flowers and I'm wondering who did!"
Julie: "Hilarious! Let me open the card."
(finds and opens card)
"No way! Such ironic timing! These are from my new Director at work welcoming me to the team!"

Okay, so I'm clearly not trying to become a movie writer... as that dialogue is pretty crap. But you get the gist of it. So, yes, I haven't posted anything about it yet but I have a new job at Deloitte. Same company as before... still in marketing... but now on the national team rather than the regional team. Good times! Here's a low quality photo taken with my cell phone.

1 comment:

Willis said...

Congrats on the 2 year anniversary!