Sunday, August 10, 2008

Birthday weekend

This weekend I celebrated my 29th birthday. On Saturday night we went to the Hollywood Bowl with some friends and saw LA Phil's version of Les Mis. There was a lot more action on stage than I thought there would be considering it was the 'in concert' version. Everyone was in full costume and they acted out all the scenes as though we were in a regular theater but some songs were shortened and the dialogue was cut out.

Today I slept in a little and when I woke Aaron made me breakfast. We went for a bike ride around Santa Monica with our friend Darren and stopped for a picnic lunch. This evening Aaron and I went to my favorite local pizza spot - Pit Fire.

Thank you to everyone who has wished me a happy day - I have certainly had one!

3 comments:

Willis said...

Happy Birthday, Julie! We're sorry we couldn't make it. It's funny, Debbie's sister Allison went to the same concert :)

Miro said...

Happy Birthday Julie!

Baby Talks said...

Happy Birthday!! Glad to hear you had a nice birthday. Yeah, it was a coincidence that my sister went to the same show. She kept telling me she was going to the Hollywood Bowl then she finally said it was Les Mis songs and I put together that it was the same show you guys were going to. :)